gotta have faith!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Slacker's Dream


I just realized that I wanna study abroad and take my graduate studies there. I find it more conducive to study in a new environment rather than in place that I'm already familiar with. I easily get bored, that's the problem with me.

Maybe that's one of the reasons why I chose Ateneo over UP even if the latter was my dream school. That time, when I was in a dilemma where to spend my college years, I found out that almost all of my batchmates would be studying in UP. And it bothered me. I would be in a different school, but I would still be with my old pals, mingling with old faces. Not that I had a problem being with my friends or batchmates. I just wanted to start a new beginning, a new life, a new me. And I thought that that wouldn't be possible if there were people who still treated me like what I was in high school--that I was not mature enough, that I couldn't do this and that, that I was a happy-go-lucky gal. I needed some room to grow, and to be able to do that, I had to be in a place where nobody knew who I really was. Back to zero. Getting-to-know phase. Like a clean sheet of paper ready to be drawn by someone, say, an artist.

Wanna get surprised every now and then, meet new people, study and try new things, go to places I've never been. Adventure. Hay.


And yes, I'm thinking about these things while I can't even get decent grades in my subjects this semester. Sheesh.
Is there any scholarship granted to slackers like me? (100% tuition and fees, dorm, allowance, and a two-way ticket)
How I wish.

For that, I think I will write to Wish Ko Lang. ;)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home